Alpha CPUs, was Re: [rescue] i860 Success

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue May 4 15:35:47 CDT 2004

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I have a pair of Mac IIci systems sitting on a shelf, restored and
> working, but not used.  Not sure what I'll do with them.

Put a BIG scsi disk in them (1-2g) and run A/UX on them. :-)

I recently gave my centris  610 with an upgraded disk and RAM, color
monitor, scanner and Epson color inkjet to someone who was out of work and
needed a computer to write resumes, do homework (wife was a college student),
etc.

I gave all of my low end macs SE/30, IIsi, LC, first PCI PPC (model??)
a scanner and some other stuff to a high school student who plans to
get them working and network them :-)

I did keep my two Q650's that run A/UX, although they are not in use
at the moment.

Geoff.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com