[rescue] DEC 3000/400

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon May 3 14:51:59 CDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Ian Viemeister wrote:

> > Then there's OpenVMS, which I know nothing about and would love to learn. It
> > looks like the only way to get it cheaply is to join Encompass as an
> > "associate" and then order a hobbyist? Does anyone know more about how to
> > obtain OpenVMS, and how well I could expect the latest version to run on this
> > system?

I did this a while ago, I got the associate membership with encompass, and
the used the number to get the hobbyist licenses and media from the
following website:

http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/

They are offering the 7.3 CD for $30 shipped which is pretty good, I
assume this release will support the 4000 series w/o no problem (although
I dunno if all turbochannel devices are still supported)

Good luck!