[rescue] i860 Success

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun May 2 16:15:06 CDT 2004

Sun, 02 May 2004 @ 03:13 -0400, InnfoGraphics at aol.com said:

> Wasn't the BIIN computer project one of those that used the i860? It
> was a joint project between Siemens 95% and Intel 5% in the late 1980s
> and I think it used at least 2 CPUs,

I believe so.

Also, some older Racer systems from Mercury Computer used them.

688 class submarines have something like 14 CPU boards with 2-4 i860
CPUs in them, and I think a Motorola host system.

Mercury's website has more information, but it's easier to Google to
find the link than to use their search.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]