[rescue] TCF Plans

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat May 1 00:41:32 CDT 2004

> From: Caleb Shay <caleb at webninja.com>
> Date: 2004/04/30 Fri PM 07:48:01 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] TCF Plans
>
> On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 15:13, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I'll have sodas/water for thirsty listers, and a Crimson that needs a new home
>
> (if I can get it into the minivan which is, thankfully, lower to the ground than a cargo van),
>
> Hey, I already called that Crimson :)

I know. It's right there in the minivan waiting for you...

>  an old 21" monitor, and some odd bits. Maybe I'll brig some SGI stuff,
>
>  but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to test it, prep it and move to the van...
>

> Bring it, even untested.  I'll be more than happy to take stuff off your
> hands :)

I am charging up 3x APC 1500 UPS boxes, as testing power for odd bits and a FAN - it should get hot...

> I have a few older SGI things I'll be unloading on whoever wants them.
> A couple of Indys, a Challenge S, various R4K/R5K processors, maybe a
> complete R3K Indigo that just needs a new battery.  Some Octane parts,
> etc.  Also, a complete R10K/195 Octane available for trade.  I just
> bought my first usable Sun workstation from AnySystems (an Ultra 10 333,
> $100), so anything I can use to upgrade that will likely turn my head.

Well, I've got nice, working boxes, but only think they sell at TCF if they are *damn* cheap - folks that like/know SGIs tend to have them - you garner a lot of looky-loos, but no one reaches into their pocket (that I've noticed)...