[rescue] Q: ANyone have exp. with small print servers?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 12:57:25 CST 2004

> From: Mike Parson <mparson at bl.org>
> Date: 2004/03/31 Wed PM 04:52:39 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Q: ANyone have exp. with small print servers?
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 02:56:15PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >  - I'd like the unit to have a "generic" telnet config option
>
> This is gonna be the hard one.  Most of the print servers
> I've seen are http configured.  The only ones I've played
> with that support telnet are the HP boxes, but they are
> more than 2x the price.

Actually, HTTP is fine - I just don't want a custom client to configure print
server...

> There are even 802.11b wireless print servers out there =)

802.11_ wireless print servers shoot the price right over $100, and I'm sort
of at a point where I can justify a $50 (or less) dedicated device, but a
device over $100 is hard to make sense of (for a hundred dollars I can walk up
or down the stairs to get the printout, for $50 it would be nice...;^)

Thanks,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net