[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Fri Mar 26 15:43:04 CST 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> We have MAS2000 here, and I don't think we are happy with it.  At least,
> nobody seems happy to have to use it.  Thankfully, I don't have windows
> on my desktop at work, and MAS2000 doesn't support linux, so I don't
> have to bother with it.  I just ask others to get the info I need for
> me (inventory, part numbers, etc).

We have MAS200 here too.  What a steaming pile of shit.  The whole reason
we went with MAS200 was it was the only one we could find that supported
usage over a WAN.  The "tech" the reseller sent out to set it up managed
to screw up the installation 7 times before it actually worked and it took
him 2 weeks to do what should have taken one day.  He also managed to
take out the server on several occasions, one time just because he
needed a network connection for his laptop, so he just unplugged the
nearest machine. After all that we started having problems with some of
the remote offices.  We called support and they told us "You're
connection is too slow, we only support connections under 10ms."  Who the
hell has a WAN with sub-10ms latency?

We've also joked about the "vomit now" button. :)

Caleb

-----
I really like to be/go places where things just work the way
they ought to. That's probably why I like the Unix command line...
  --Steve Sandau