[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Mar 26 14:00:06 CST 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Dan Duncan wrote:
> I also liked NT 3.51 the second I upgraded my machine at work
> from NT 3.5 and noticed the blinding increase in speed.  I had
> liked NT 3.5 before that, but I do remember thinking that
> being asked to press ctrl-alt-del was a joke at first.  (when
> did NT drop the button explaining why this was a good thing?)
> What really made NT more usable was installing the Windoze-95-like
> GUI (which of course they had stolen from Mac) from the developer
> CDs.  Damn I hated the Win 3.1 interface.  What brain-dead chimp
> came up with that horrible POS?
>
> -DanD

Agreed, but at the time I loved the Win 3.x interface.  I thought 3.51
was so cool because I could use 32 bit Win 95 apps just fine, I had a
system 100 x more stable than Win 95, and it had the old interface...
it was sort of like Win 3.11's big brother who has come out to beat up
Win 95 for spitting on it.

Andrew

in hindsight the user interface was ass... but so are the Win95, 98,
2000, and XP interfaces.  2000 is about my favorite.  XP is my second
least favorite with 3.x being my least favorite.