[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 26 10:30:10 CST 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Kevin wrote:
> I loved NT 3.51, and still ran it for almost two years after 4.0
> came out.  As soon as i switched to 4.0, it became apparent that
> i was going to have to move platforms, again.

I also liked NT 3.51 the second I upgraded my machine at work
from NT 3.5 and noticed the blinding increase in speed.  I had
liked NT 3.5 before that, but I do remember thinking that
being asked to press ctrl-alt-del was a joke at first.  (when
did NT drop the button explaining why this was a good thing?)
What really made NT more usable was installing the Windoze-95-like
GUI (which of course they had stolen from Mac) from the developer
CDs.  Damn I hated the Win 3.1 interface.  What brain-dead chimp
came up with that horrible POS?

-DanD

# "Note to myself: Load guns before killing spree. Yeah!"
# --- Tom Servo, MST3K, "The Side Hackers"