[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 25 12:25:38 CST 2004

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 @ 12:27 +0000, Lionel Peterson said:

> I had occasion to look through an MS Press book published this month, and found that MS Press uses FrameMaker for producing their books. I don't have the book in front of me, but the way the note in the back of the book read, FrameMaker was used in between the authors output and the printing press (layout, not content creation).
>
> Interesting... ;^)

Ever tried to use Word for anything serious?

(shudder)

That POS gets really funky when the page count starts going up.

At Bank of America we had a large document describing our data files.

All of the machines had Office97.  Some could read the document, some
could not.  Sometimes mine could read it, but then couldn't read
the next version.

Sometimes tables, chapters, or figures would just disappear.  The girl
doing the documentation would add them back in, only to have the old one
reappear.

Some bizarre crap.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]