[rescue] FrameMaker

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 22 10:01:44 CST 2004

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 @ 08:39 -0500, Joshua Boyd said:

> > The Regular Expressions book guy, Jeffrey Friedl, did/does both of his
> > regex boox in nroff/troff from what I hear.  This was one of the reasons
> > that it took so long for it to show up in one of the "CD Bookshelf"
> > collections.
>
> Why would nroff/troff make it take longer to show up in a CD version?
> Wouldn't that be a natural format to use for easy conversion?  I must
> admit, I've never used either program, but I was under the impression
> that they were very open.

There aren't any really good HTML output options for *roff.

It generally requires a lot of hand-tweaking.

groff has an HTML output operation now, but it sucks.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if