[rescue] FrameMaker

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 22 07:52:34 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

> I learned HTML by going "oh!  Its just like reveal-codes mode
> in WordPerfect 5.1!".

   I said the same thing, but thought "WordStar! It's just like
WordStar! I'll be *rich* if no one else notices this!"
   Yeah, but no: not rich.
-wde
P.S. A couple of jobs ago, we did the output for Edie Freidman (sp?),
who designed the covers for the ORA books -- and she used QuarkXPress
(version 3 or 4). But since covers are are attached later, it stands to
reason that those negs could be produced from something else and then be
printed separately and glued onto the pages (which were made in
FrameMaker). I have to agree with Nadine that Quark's use of plug-ins is
great: even though QXP lacked some functionality last time I used it --
like decent trapping or imposition -- it was easy to order up some
software, plop it in, and suddenly be able to do something new. Take
_that_, PageMaker 4!
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator