[rescue] RESCUE: misc DEC stuff, some questions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Mar 20 14:53:13 CST 2004

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 @ 16:06 -0600, Wes Will said:

> If it doesn't affect it at all, the fuser wire is dirty.  Try looking
> at the fuse section and see if there is a chunk of glommed-on gook
> (highly technical term for melted plastic toner junk), likely on the
> same side of the fuser as the bad type.  If so, gently chip it off
> there, or replace the fuser wire.

I need more information about this fuser wire.

As I said in another post, I don't see a "fuser wire".

What I see is two rollers.  One is solid and floats on top of a larger
one.  The larger one is hollow, with a long light inside of it, very
hot, like a 12 inch lightbulb.

The way you talk about the wire above sounds like it is a thin wire that
touches the paper, and I don't see that anywhere.

The path looks like this to me:

This printer is the same engine as an Apple Laserwriter 360 I believe.

I can't find schematics, or a description of the fuser that would tell
me what to look for.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every