[rescue] SGI monitor info

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 19 15:30:58 CST 2004

Well, I finally rescued the SGI monitor for the Indigo^2's
I rescued a while back, and picked up an R5K Indy at the same
time (so BOTH Indigo^2's will soon be available to the
people who responded) but I don't have the 13w3 cable.
I DO have two Sun monitors and Sun 13w3 cables to go with them.

I've done some Googling and can't find a straight answer
either way as to whether I can use my Sun 13w3 cables
(and maybe even monitors) with the Indy's video output.
Some posts say it will Just Work and others mention breaking
off pins.

Also, since the Indy uses PS/2 for keyboard and mouse, it's
a candidate for the KVM if I can get the video to work on
VGA.  Has anyone had luck with SGI 13w3 to VGA cables or
adapters?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-DanD

# "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."  Frank Lloyd Wright