[rescue] New subscriber...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Mar 14 14:47:01 CST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 12:37, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> [...]
.
.
.
> I suppose you could try putting better fans in the power supply, but
> that might not work out.

I looked into this route.... at the time I looked, I could not locate
any fans with higher CFM thatn what they had already used in the power
supply.  I talked to one fan manufacturer that had a higher CFM one
in design... but nothing in production.

As long as all SBUS slots were not needed, I always thought some sort
of cooler similar to the way "PCI" cooler card (that blew air out a
PCI/ISA slot opening) would get some more air threw.... I can't imagine
a ss20 with quad hs125s, dual 9 or 18g 7200rpm drives and a turbo ZX
graphics card.... might as well just make the top out of Aluminum and
use it for a grill....

-- Curt