[rescue] New subscriber...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Mar 14 11:37:58 CST 2004

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 @ 15:36 -0500, Dave McGuire said:

> On Mar 13, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> >>  Yes.  Gotta watch your processor/drive combinations in those
> >>machines.
> >
> >Can't one just stick them in a refrigerated room?  I so look forward to
> >the day I can have a real computer room.
>
>   No...the fans are insufficient to move any more than a small amount
> of heat out of the box.

I've tried to put in more fans but its hard to get anything else in that
box, and I don't want blowhole type fans which keep me from being able
to stack the machines.

Sometimes building a kind of box around the left side and putting fans
in that can help.

Of course, the way fans work is your flow can't be more than the input
fans, plus what you suck in through other places.

I suppose you could try putting better fans in the power supply, but
that might not work out.

It's really too bad they used such slow fans, because otherwise the
boxes are very nice.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every