[rescue] withdrawn:: re: absinthe available for rescue'ers ....

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 10 02:31:39 CST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I believe it is a red flag item that they are specifically trained to
> look for.  There are any number of items like that that are illegal
> here but legal other places.  You'd get in deep sh*t trouble for that.
>
> But the Pere stuff I think I've seen for sale here... and also doesn't
> contain Thujone of any kind.  I know the ones they sell in NY don't
> whatsoever.

I think I have seen Vermouth for sale, here in CA sometime back, which I
seem to remember that it contains some Thujone in it, although I dunno if
the Vermouth sold in the US is a different version from the one sold
back in Europe.

In any case I wouldn't risk it with the Airport people right now, I have
had plenty of flying time in the past couple of years and even with a
green card I do not feel like pushing my luck with the customs/security
people. Which means I do not get to bring as many goodies as I used from
the ol' world *sigh*