[rescue] SGI Challenge Resurection (was : More Indigo Problems)

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jul 26 21:15:25 CDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > That and free electricity.
>
> Oh yeah.  I'd be all over that.  We could just buy a second air
> conditioning plant, turn'em both up full blast, and make even this place
> livable.*  And we'd be able to run ALL the machines, into the bargain.

Has anyone played with ground source heat pumps for heating/cooling?
When I have moved and actually own my back yard I'd like to dig a few
holes and play with it.  It sure would be nice to dump some of that
waste heat into the ground.  I could run the big systems in the summer!

-DanD

# They exchanged kisses via terminal- to my mind a waste of technology.
#   And of kisses.  -Heinlein