[rescue] SGI Challenge Resurection (was : More Indigo Problems)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jul 26 13:12:24 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:08:24PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> > Oh yeah.  I'd be all over that.  We could just buy a second air
> > conditioning plant, turn'em both up full blast, and make even this place
> > livable.*  And we'd be able to run ALL the machines, into the bargain.
>
> Do you have some sort of geek house or what?

Not any more.  Used to, in Tracy CA ....

> > * Well....  except for the bugs.  And the mold.  And the places where
> > the structure is disintegrating.  And the sagging floors.  And the
> > leaking roof.  And.....
>
> I hear ya there. We got our fair share of bugs and insanely humid days.

This place should be condemned.  Period.  But two years ago, it was
basically this or homelessness.  In hindsight, I'm still not convinced
we wouldn't have been better going to the homeless shelter and trying to
get an expedited application for section 8 housing through.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net