[rescue] Re: Bilano

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Wed Jul 14 19:49:31 CDT 2004

   On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> Chris Brandstetter wrote:
>
> <snip posting of Troll's WHOIS info>
>
> What, precisely, was the point in doing that? Any one of us on this
> list can easily pull up the WHOIS info [...]

   Actually I found that comment humourous.  Whilst any one of us
*could* pull the info (and at least one has), the juxtaposition was,
at least to me, quite funny.  No, I didn't pull the whois info
because I took the poster as a fraud (not clueless, mind you) and
let it drop at that.  Chris' comment actually got a chuckle out of
me.

> [...] posting it just escalates the ugliness.

   I'd say that it "escalates the ugliness" if it's posted in a
nasty or overtly hostile manner.  The "My God, man, I've got to
get out of this clue-vacuum or I'll suffocate" reaction is both
natural and understandable to true geeks (and even untrue geeks,
but those tend to be rare -- and I'm not talking about "wannabe"
geeks).