[rescue] Firefox for IRIX?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Jul 13 18:40:00 CDT 2004

 Joshua Boyd sez:

> I haven't gotten around to switching to firefox yet on Irix.
>
> I don't think it is obvious.  The best place I know of to get it may be
> the nekoware archives from nekochan.net (beware scantily clad anime
> females).  But, that is going to have a lot of dependencies (which is
> why I haven't gotten around to it).  I don't know of any recent SGI
> Freeware builds, though there may be something on their beta site (and I
> don't know where that is).
>
> You aren't the only one.

Well, the page at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/mozilla/faq.html has a couple
of links, but the link to their own release hangs my browsers (and gets
nothing) and the link to the mozilla.org ftp site is a broken link.

I'm not too sure about Nekochan.net.  Downloading software from places with
unidentifiable contributors ....

I'd download the source and build it myself if I had even a smidgeon of
confidence in my ability to do so, or the time to figure it out.

The search continues.

-Shel