[rescue] Firefox for IRIX?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jul 13 18:02:53 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:28:57PM -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Even the SGI old software home pages say to use Firefox ... but I can't find
> it on their site, either as a patch or as freeware.  I can find "Mozilla"
> and "Mozilla Firebird" but no "Firefox."
>
> I assume this is "just me" and that everyone else on the planet has found
> and installed it, and I'm just blind.
>
> As usual, I need a clue, so I'm sitting by the cluephone, awaiting your
> call.

I haven't gotten around to switching to firefox yet on Irix.

I don't think it is obvious.  The best place I know of to get it may be
the nekoware archives from nekochan.net (beware scantily clad anime
females).  But, that is going to have a lot of dependencies (which is
why I haven't gotten around to it).  I don't know of any recent SGI
Freeware builds, though there may be something on their beta site (and I
don't know where that is).

You aren't the only one.