[rescue] Solaris firewire

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sat Feb 28 08:45:09 CST 2004

> Anyone ever do anything with solaris and firewire?  I've heard a report
> that only thing you can do with it is run a webcam.  It appears that
> the development stuff is included, but I haven't actually found
> documentation.

When I got a Blade 100 as the desktor at work, I played with it to get
to know its' actual capabilities. Firewire under Solaris was weak
(SunVideocamera or smth only supported). Under Linux tha card was a full
firewire card with all the features Linux has for it, incl. audi, video,
storage, virtual ethernet and some protocols that I don't know. I tried
storage, video and virtual eth. and they all worked out of the box. The
only glitch was in one of the video capturing programs (dvgrab IIRC)
that put the sound bits in reverse byte order and I had to use sox to
repair it.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)