[rescue] EMC ID?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat Feb 28 02:54:47 CST 2004

I just rescued an EMC OSS8001-MRS out of a dumpster. Was quite heavy
pulling
it out there alone. It is still sitting in my car but I have a hard
time ID'ing it. It seems
like to have 4 scsi3 ports, 2 db15 female and 2 db9 female connectors.
Also there
was tonz of scsi cables too. I was able to recover 1 fan assembly but I
could not
dig out the 2nd one.

Will the EMC work with just 1 fan assembly?

It seems like to have 20 drives. I will determine the size tomorrow and
take some
pictures. Now I have to lay down for a while cause my back hurts. It
was rather a
quest pulling the emc out of this huge roll-away dumpster.

-- Thomas