[rescue] Serial console on IBM RS/6000 250?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:40:34 CST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Janet L. Campbell wrote:
> I have had problems with generic keyboards on older 300 series RS/6000's.
> That's one of the reasons I went with the 250.

I think those machines need a keyboard with some sort of "beeper" in them,
so the protocol is a little bit different since those machines expect the
ability to send "beeps" through the keyboard (I do not know if the
machines have a built in speaker). My memory is fuzzy on RS6K stuff, since
I have not used one for more than 5 years.