[rescue] Serial console on IBM RS/6000 250?

Todd Carson tc+rescue at jc.dsl.telerama.com
Mon Feb 23 17:36:33 CST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:41:51 -0800 (PST)
"Janet L. Campbell" <janet at foonly.com> wrote:

> > I don't mean to discourage you from exploring this machine, but the
> > 250 is quite possibly one of the most frustrating RS/6000s out
> > there.  The 7248 series (43P-100 through 120) machines come close,
> > but I've been having a lot of "fun" getting my 250 to be useful.
> > Just don't color your opinions on the whole RS/6000 family on the
> > basis of that one little troll of a box. :)
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean.  The 250 works reasonably well with
> normal PS/2 keyboards and mice,

What types of PS/2 keyboards are known to work with these?
I've tried five or six different keyboards, generic ones and Compaq and DEC branded ones, and none of them seem to work either during the boot sequence or at the AIX login prompt. Is there any configuration required in AIX to use PC PS/2 keyboards?