[rescue] HP help needed

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Feb 18 16:58:45 CST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:23:29 +0100
Walter Belgers <walter+rescue at belgers.com> wrote:

> I do not have a keyboard that fits into the HP 9000/715 and it appears
> I need some kind of break-out box I don't have
You need a special break out box. You can use regular PS/2 keyboards and
rodents with this machine.

> Does anybody know where to get a (cheap) break-out box and/or EVC-VGA
> connector?
ePay?

> Or are there other ways to use these machines? (serial
> console on the visualise for instance).
You can use serial console, but you have to use the graphics console to
switch to the serial console. I don't know a way to force a HP9000 to
serial console without reprogramming the NVRAM from the graphics
console. :-(
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen