[rescue] [OT?] Linux on a SS2

shirker at mooli.org.uk shirker at mooli.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 05:30:56 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:35:34PM -0500, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > I was, indeed, using 6.1.  It could be a difference, but that left me
> > with a sour taste for Redhat ever since.  "GCC 2.96" didn't help with
> > that at all.
<snip>
>    Oh, I saw some wiseguy remark about RH 6.2 for SPARC.  Where
> can I bag a copy?

I ran this for several months on a SPARCstation ELC as a dialup router - it was
rock-solid stable (only got replaced because I swapped the old 33.6k modem out for
a 56k and the naff sun4c serial ports couldn't cope with the higher speed).

Carl - contact me off-list and I can sort you out with a copy of the ISO.

Ed.