[rescue] How tall is that drive?

Samuel Kopel kopel at vex.net
Sun Feb 15 11:06:33 CST 2004

Seagate makes it really easy to tell the physical size of the drive. Just
check the first number of the drive model against this chart.

Form Factor
1 	3.5-inch, half-height, 1.6-inch high
2 	5.25-inch, half-height, 1.6-inch high
3 	3.5-inch, low-profile (LP), 1-inch high
4 	5.25-inch, full height
5 	3.5-inch, 0.75-inch high
6 	9-inch
7 	1.8-inch
8 	8-inch
9 	2.5-inch, 0.75-inch high

Chart taken from "How To Interpret Seagate Disc Drive Model Numbers"
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/howto/interpret_model.html

I haven't been able to find similar info from other companies.