[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Feb 14 20:23:35 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 06:09:38PM -0500, Stephen Sukovich wrote:

> I was very very excited there for a second, and even had my credit card
> out... then I measure the size of my drives in it right now and they are
> the 1 inch high sca ones. Umm.... aren't the 1.6 inch sca drives called
> sca2 drives? Don't they go into things like SSA200s, and other storage
> arrays?

They can go in some types of Sun 711.  They also fit in one of the slots
of U1s.  They certainly don't fit in SS20s (disappointingly).  They do
fit in RSM-214s.  I believe they are not called sca2.  They are usually
called half-hight (as opposed to LP for low profile) to my understanding.

> I possibly could put them in every odd slot. But I don't even know if
> the spud brackets would go on them. I had a hard enough time locking in
> the old sun plastic spud brackets in and getting them closed when it had
> a drive with the nice new fangled metallic spring loaded type bracket.

My 1" spud brackets fit on 1.6" drives.  You may be able to install
every other one, or you may not, I think the sca connector in the empty
spot might clash with the drive, but I'm not really certain.  It might
be work buying one drive and finding out.