[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 09:46:54 CST 2004

--- Stephen Sukovich <ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >>The E150 should be a reasonable machine, especially for file
> serving.
>
> i plan on putting all my mp3s on it, and maybe hooking the thing up

> 	Also its where our communal storage for buffy, angel, and
> stargate episodes will go.

What are you going to do for storage? I've seen some very good deals on
1.6" SCA drives (like 10 18 Gig drives for $89
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_strg_seast118723lc10pk.html) - is
that what your E150 takes?

Ideally, you may want to consider external 5 1/4" cases, since 4x 47
Gig FH drives are so cheap ($52 for the four pack
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_hd_ST446442W4.html)

I just ordered 2x 50 Gig SCA 1.6" drives for about $45/ea, but I can't
remember where...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall