[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Feb 14 08:37:50 CST 2004

   On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Stephen Sukovich wrote:

> 	How is the sound on an ultra 1 type motherboard? Horrible good?
> 	Also its where our communal storage for buffy, angel, and
> stargate episodes will go.

   The sound quality should be alright -- certainly capable of
doing a workman-like job on MP3s.  The thing that's going to get
you is the noise that the disk array is going to make.  14 disks
all seeking at the same time sounds like a coffee-grinder in
action; you'll probably not want it in your listening room.