[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 13 09:11:16 CST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:21:21 -0500
Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:06:30AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > My U60 is one of my main workstations.  It may soon replace the box
> > running my websites.
>
> Wait a second here.  You don't turn on your nice Octane since you get
> the G5, but you still call the U60 a main workstation?!?
>
> Traitor!!!
>
> :)

I haven't totally abandoned the MIPS cause.  I stil *own* the Octane
(and the O2, and the Indy, and a wall of Indigos).  Besides, the
U60 lives at the office - next to the iBook.  And, If I replace my
webserver with the U60, the Octane will get to come live with me at the
office.  :-)

You're a bastard, by the way.  When you told me that XS International
had V6 graphics and R12k-400Mhz procs for $500 each, I started trying to
find ways to afford to buy them.  If I knew that a month or so ago, I
might not have bought the G5....

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all