[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Fri Feb 13 04:40:07 CST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:06:57 -0500
"Stephen Sukovich" <ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Now I got a strange question... was IS everyone using their sun >
> machines for? My sparc20 right now is a silly router/firewall/dns >
> server/samba server/great adzapping proxy server for my miniature >
> network. Wonder what everyone else is using these things for.
>
> Now if only I could turn buying computers into making money for
> myself...

Mine are used in making my living.
2 - E250's packed with 50gb Seagates for client offsite backup
2 - NetraX doing firewall duty on my 1/2 T1
2 - Netra T105 Hosting web servers
1 - Marathon AXi system primary mail server
1 - Marathon AXe system backup mail server
1 - Ultra 5 Dual head home office workstation (scsi drives, 333mhz
w/2mb cache)
1 - Ultra 30 office workstation

A couple of dozen SS5's and SS20's at clients for firewalls

Phil

--
Phil Schilling
GCS Tech