[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Feb 12 23:54:20 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:36:10PM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> When I had an E250 shipped to my house FedEx ground from them (one part
> of NJ to another) the cost of shipping was over $60 (they are *quite*
> heavy)... Rates outside of NJ (where most of "domestic" is) probably
> costs more, and they pack systems *very* well.

I do *not* want to know how much this cost to ship:

http://www.sunhelp.org/e3k/arrival/
170 lb (shipping weight) E3K.  In a box, on a pallet skid.
2-day FedEx, from NJ to TX.

However, big companies get a huge discount w/major shippers.  At
$WORK, we get about a 45% discount on FedEx and UPS, from their
posted prices/normal rates.  I suspect AnySystem does enough FedEx
business that they get a good discount.

Bill

--
bill bradford