[rescue] another sandia/los Alamos auction

Stephen Sukovich ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 22:06:57 CST 2004

>AnySystem is good enough that I let them advertise on EVERY PAGE of the
>SunHELP web site, and the last two SunHELP servers (well, including the
>E3K I'm about to put into service) have been AnySystem boxes.  I've
also
>had work switch to ordering parts from them whenever possible.

>Their prices might be slightly higher than other places, but the
service
>and support (when needed) makes up for it.  They also have *awesome*
deals
>on eBay with big price differences from what you see on the website.  A
>friend
>of mine got a loaded-to-the-gills E4K for about $1200 from them a year
ago.

>The first U1/200E I got from them, back in '99, looked BRAND NEW.  It
was
>my desktop box for 2+ years.

Oh don't worry once I can afford it ill get stuff from anysystem. My
dream is a e10000 for $20k and free shipping. Then ill have to find a
use for it.

Now I got a strange question... was IS everyone using their sun machines
for? My sparc20 right now is a silly router/firewall/dns server/samba
server/great adzapping proxy server for my miniature network. Wonder
what everyone else is using these things for.

Now if only I could turn buying computers into making money for
myself...

Stephen Sukovich