[rescue] Resurrecting an IBM RS/6000 model 590

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Feb 8 19:18:14 CST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> RE: 590s broken in shipment:  If you're talking about Doc's machine, it
> was FEDEX not UPS that broke it in shipping.

Oh.  You're quite right.

> I'm now at the point that I'm tired of their incompetence and going to
> start using UPS instead... hoping that they're not as retarded when
> shipping heavy objects.

I stopped using UPS for stuff I care about when they destroyed a Sun
SPARCstorage 100.  It was shipped full of drives and trays and would
no-longer sit flat on a table.  How do you -do- that to something that's
almost 80% solid metal??

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and