[rescue] Resurrecting an IBM RS/6000 model 590

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Feb 8 16:36:04 CST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 17:22, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Janet L. Campbell wrote:
> > Just a quick note: the most common IBM MCA sound card (I forget the
> > model designation, unfortunately) does work in RS/6k's running AIX
> > 4.  I had one in a 340 many many moons ago.
>
> The elusive Ultimedia card?  Sridhar finally found one of those last
> year after searching for quite a while.

Yeah, I was nice and let him have one of mine ;)

RE: 590s broken in shipment:  If you're talking about Doc's machine, it
was FEDEX not UPS that broke it in shipping.  I'm now at the point that
I'm tired of their incompetence and going to start using UPS instead...
hoping that they're not as retarded when shipping heavy objects.  We'll
see how this works out...

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS