[rescue] Q: Preparing for SS/20 build tonight...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Feb 6 16:16:47 CST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Janet L. Campbell wrote:

> There's no such animal (quad 80MHz SuperSparc-II).

Isn't there a dual-CPU card with the same CPU as the SM81?  I think
that's what he had two of in his SS20.  I'll ask him what it was.

> If I wanted the most possible CPU power in a SS20 chassis, I'd take a
> SparcEngine Ultra 20 board and use it instead.  They're kind of rare,
> though.

He actually just wanted bragging rights for "fastest sun4m machine on
the planet".   In benchmarks that parallel well and aren't I/O-heavy,
his box spanked an Ultra1/170.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and