[rescue] Q: Preparing for SS/20 build tonight...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 10:06:27 CST 2004

Hello all,

I plan on building up my SS/20 "museum piece" tonight, and I have a
question:

If I stuff two VSIMM framebuffers in the box (with the req. video
adapter, of course), and perform a fresh install of Solaris 9, with
both heads be active, or will I need to edit config files to make it
so?

FYI - I plan on stuffing 2x SM81 CPUs I just got off eBay, as well as
2x 8 Meg VSIMMs (and the video adapter card), an internal  CD-ROM, and
as much RAM as I can stuff in it (6x 64 Meg DIMMs) to see how fast this
"nearly maxed" SS/20 is. 8^) What I'll do with it once it is "done," I
have no idea...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall