[rescue] SPARCstation 1

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Fri Feb 6 08:22:14 CST 2004

On 2004-02-06 14:11, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> Have you checked if the console is set to the serial port (stick a
> terminal or PC with a terminal emulator on serial port "A")?  This
> sounds to me like the console in the PROM has gotten set to the serial
> port instead of the framebuffer console.

No, I don't have a terminal or appropriate cable handy.

The guy I bought it from last used it with a monitor, so I suspect it will
be set up for use with keyboard/monitor.

Also, would this explain why with one framebuffer I get a white screen,
while with two (known good) others, no image whatsoever?

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Roses are red