[rescue] (OT) advice sought ... Mac 'book cleared for purchase

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Fri Feb 6 01:35:09 CST 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I have a 17" PB (1.33GHz G4), and I *LOVE* it.  I have absolutely
> nothing bad to say about it.  I've been using it as my main desktop
> machine (with a 23" cinema display and USB kbd/mouse when I'm at home)
> for about three months now.
>
>   It's the first laptop I've ever used which has a keyboard that I
> actually *like*, rather than one I can just tolerate.

Amen to that. I bought a G4 DP 1.25 GHz back in March, with a pair of
23" Cinema Displays.

When it came time to buy a laptop in October, I didn't need screen
real-estate, so the 15" PowerBook G4 was an easy choice... the one with
the superdrive and backlit keyboard. Add iSight and a bluetooth
mouse... all is sweetness and light. (: I just wish sync didn't need
.Mac

I never use my Zaurus anymore.

And the last word on carrying PowerBooks: www.booqbags.com.

ok