[rescue] ID this SGI board and win, oh, I dunno, my eternal thanks

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 21:26:28 CST 2004

--- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
> Shawn Wallbridge says ...
> >
> > It's a Dual R10k 195 w/1MB or 2MB cache.
> >
> > http://www.sgisun.com/sgi_onyx_parts.html
> >
> > If you want to sell it, let me know.
>
> Hmmm.  A dual-R10K-195 versus a quad-R4k-150 ...

<snip>

> Would someone like to hold a mini-class on this sort of thing?  I
> could sure use one.

Sure - the choices, as I see it are as follows:

One computer running 4 slower CPUs (insert Tim "Tool Man" Taylor grunt)
and $$ in pocket...

Or one computer running 2 faster CPUs and an idle 4x CPU board leaning
up against the running computer.

Now, do you want $$ or the envy of your friends?

There you go... ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall