[rescue] (OT) advice sought ... Mac 'book cleared for purchase

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Feb 5 17:08:17 CST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Don't they cover accidently damage as well?  Accidental damage plans
> seem like a really good idea for any notebook owner (well, any notebook
> owner who's notebook is worth more than $5).

They do, up to a point.  When the screen on my PowerBook broke, it was
partially my fault and partially their fault.  If my laptop hadn't
fallen 2 feet onto the carpet, the hinges wouldn't have snapped.
However, if the hinges were designed correctly, they'd have been able to
withstand the fall.

The new hinges are much sturdier than the old ones, and they had my
system back to me in three days!

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and