[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 16:48:54 CST 2004

--- Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Kevin Loch wrote:
> > Don't join the military for career advancement (unless
> > you want to be president someday).  Join only if you genuinely
> > want to be a soldire/officer.  Joining the military for any other
> > reason is insane.
>
> Using it to get through med school isn't a bad gig, I hear.

The thing to remember is it gets very ugly if you don't make it through
medical school - your service commitment remains, and you may owe for
your tuition... Oh, and you may not even get your commission, so you'll
start out on the bottom of the food chain (or at least near the bottom)

This is based on personal friends exp. when he dropped out of Army ROTC
in college (decided he was a pacifist, much to the suprise of his
father, a Col. in the Army!), and it was a few years ago, so the
obligation/penalty may have "evolved"...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall