[rescue] OT: Should I Cisco Cert?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Feb 3 14:22:09 CST 2004

Security clearance is an issue.  One that i could fix within the
next year if i was willing to do a 12 month stint in Cuba with
General Dynamics.  An ex-military buddy of mine who works for GD,
keeps bugging me about going to work over there, but then i keep
hearing all these Exchange sever and NT PDC nightmare stories and
then i wake up in a cold sweat back in the Microsoft centric
world.

It depends on the job and clearance necessary, but a lot of the
time you can actually work the job while your clearance is being
processed (which can take a couple of years in some cases.)  You
get a much quicker, preliminary clearance and go from there.  At
least this is how my South Comm/GD friends describe it.

/KRM