[rescue] restorations and keyboards

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Feb 3 14:20:45 CST 2004

On Feb 3, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I could not help but think of my wife's take on historic preservation
> of
> old buildings.  (She's studying to become an architect.)
>
> Basically, you can only have just so many museums. If you locate Ben
> Franklin's house, sure, OK, fine, preserve it just as it was, people
> will come to see it.
<sinp>

Agree.  I live in a house where the original structure dates back to
1893.  It's a _nice_ house, but in no way does it resemble the house
that it was in 1900.   The kitchen, dining, and both offices are
add-ons for example and central heating has long since replaced the
coal furnace ( although the coal chute door is still there).  Who would
want to live in a farmhouse that old with no enhancements?

~brian