[rescue] IRIX issue #2, seeing the new vfe board

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Feb 1 19:08:03 CST 2004

How can I get IRIX to recognize the Fast Ethernet board I just installed?
I've done the usual

	cd /dev
	/dev/MAKEDEV
	/etc/autoconfig

and rebooted, but I don't see the vfe card in the hinv -c from IRIX...  I've
Googled, and R-ed TF online M at techpubs.sgi.com, but I must be missing
some key nomenclature, since my searches don't turn up anything about
installation and configuration.

I got the vfe board from Bear Stricklin of this list, so I'm pretty sure it
works, but merely slapping it in the chassis obviously isn't enough.  I'm
certain I need to do something special to make it work, but what?

(SGI Challenge L, IRIX 6.5)

Thanks.

-Shel

--