[rescue] A few more IRIX Issues - #1, moving things around

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Feb 1 19:06:41 CST 2004

I've gotten the now-infamous Fujitsu 18-gig disks formatted and installed in
the Challenge L, cloned the root disk, installed the DLT tape and the fast
Ethernet board, and I have a few residual issues with which I could use some
help.

I moved the CPU and memory boards around so they would be in the "factory
approved" slots.  They worked fine the way they were, but I like everything
to be correct if I can make it so.  Now, when I boot up, the PROM whinges
that slot so-and-so used to have a <whatever> and now has a <whatever else>.
I would't care about the message, but I have to hit a key on the console to
make it keep booting.  How can I fix this?

(SGI Challenge L, IRIX 6.5)

Thanks.

-Shel
--