[rescue] Favorite Keyboards (audio recording!)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Dec 28 20:37:35 CST 2004

Ethan O'Toole wrote:

>EGG ON THE FACE... rebooted them all... all the ships were dropped. Gotta
>love it. See, this wouldn't happen if everyone still used serial
>consoles... well, unless your on a Sun and the serial concentrator
>generates a hard break._

All sorts of stupid stuff can happen with PC's and sometimes it's not
the PC's fault.  A couple of years ago, i had a pcanywhere connection to
a NT4 server, and intended to disconnect my session, so i, while
intending to hit the disconnect button in pcanywhere, hit the reboot
remote host button, and confirmed it on the following dialog box.  Of
course, the server rebooted, it was a file/print server for about 35
users.  Um, oops.  That wouldn't have happend if i was trying to type
logout, or hit Ctrl-D.

    -Dan Sikorski  (Mmm....   Stone Ruination IPA....)