[rescue] Mail Server

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Dec 21 08:56:44 CST 2004

I setup a Postfix, amavisd, clamAV, spamassassin etc mail
gateway using the doc below:

http://kancer.978.org/lawmonkey.org/anti-spam.html

It's been up for over a year now with EXCELLENT results.  The doc
is for OpenSBD, and i am using Linux, but it was mostly easily
transferable.  The only real PITA was installing all of the perl
dependencies.

/KRM

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:18:16 -0500
sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:

> So, during today's interview, the subject of mail servers came
> up.
>
> The company is moving AWAY from Exchange and Windows, and the
> guy who'll be my boss if I get the job said they were leaning
> to sendmail, but postfix had been an option as well.  I
> suggested postfix was the better of the two for the job based
> on my experience, and told him I'd email later with details of
> why and what the benefits are.
>
> Anyone care to contribute?  I know we're a rabid pack of
> postfix fans here, so I hope for good reasons.
>
> Also, Bill, do you have a writeup of your postfix/amavis/clamAV
>
> installation, and maybe even a business case for it?
>
> Thanks!
>

> ---sambo

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/